The Archives

Sunday, December 12, 2010

December

I really need to post more pictures on here. Anyway.

Here are a few I've take the past few days. First off, I just want to say that Malcolm is the child that will give me gray hair. He's not even two and he's had symmetrical eyebrow injuries, a squished finger, fifty million bonked heads, one attempt at running away from home, and now he's decided the washing machine is a fun hangout.


Also, he's lately decided that my room is his new happy place. I can't tell you how many times in the last week I've been frantically searching for him (did I mention his runaway attempt?) and found him snuggled up under my blankets with his cup, quietly chillin'.


The older boys are harder to capture, cause they're usually on the move. This last friday night Art was gone hunting, so we had a few boys over from the kid's Sunday school class for a sleepover. They were so hyper I couldn't pin them down for a picture, except this one of them drinking mulled cider at the table. Okay, so it's partially my fault they were so hyper, I did let them make s'mores in the fireplace AFTER they drank sugary cider. Then they watched The Polar Express and ate popcorn and bounced off the walls.


The best part about this sleepover, for me, were the conversations. This was the first time Ilya had kids his age over, and the general topic of conversation was poop. And boogers. And fish stories. But mostly poop. Is it wrong that I was hiding in the back room giggling while eavesdropping? I guess I'm just a total boy-mama.

Anyway, I hope to become more regular with my picture posting, I have been so busy lately I haven't taken many. Bad me.

1 comment:

mrs.deane said...

Andrew was/is most certainly my "give me gray hair" child. I've got pictures of him in the dryer, too. (Can Child Protection people get us arrested for taking those??? HA) And if I had a dollar for every time I heard bathroom talk this week, I could have easily gifted you a nice camera for Christmas instead of just a card. Having boys is awesome, though, isn't it? :O)