The Archives

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

In which Malcolm turns two

Saturday Mal turned two. Crazy. Where has the time gone? I feel like he was born yesterday. I also feel like the last two years have been the longest of my life. Ha ha.

Malcolm...what can I say. You are adorable. You're a total punk. You're equal parts crazy affection and just pure crazy. You destroy and wreak havoc and then grab my neck in the tightest hug ever. I don't know what to do with you. Some days you make me scream, but mostly I just want to squeeze you till you pop. In a good way. You are always on the move, so nearly every picture we have of you is a blur. I love your crazy energy even when it makes me nuts. I love you.


Art came home from California Saturday night, so we opted to do our celebrating a little later. Last night we had some cake and ice cream, just the five of us, and opened his two little presents together afterward.


I've been really into making little mini-cakes. I totally cheat and cook cake in a jelly roll pan, then cut out layers with a cookie cutter. Okay, I don't have a cookie cutter. I use a cup. 


Lemon cake with cream cheese frosting. Yum!


He really liked tearing the wrapping paper. 


Learning how to bowl with Mom. 


 My mom got him "Tangled" (yay, a present for ME) and this cute little Timmy the sheep from the "Shaun the Sheep" series my kids love. BUT. She broke the "no noise toy" rule with this guy. He was Baaa-ing and snoring and making such a racket I thought I was going to blow my brains out after five minutes. So Timmy..ahem...had a small surgery and now he's a happily mute lamb. Mal still loves him. :)

Happy Birthday Mal-mal.We love you.


No comments: