The Archives

Monday, February 14, 2011

Midget Mondays--Valentine's Day



I'm going to TRY to start posting more over here, if for no other reason than so my family afar can see the kids once in awhile. Mondays seem like good posting days, so I hereby dub these the Midget Monday posts. These are from a few days ago, before all my kids had their hair mostly removed.


Today is Valentine's Day, and while we don't usually do much (or anything) for this day, I felt like being fun this year. All the boys got little heart-shaped boxes of chocolates which they inhaled as soon as they woke up. For Art I got a card and much bigger box with better chocolates which I left on his seat in the car. It's kind of fun to be sneaky and see everyone get all happy with a box shaped like a heart. I mean, I know all the excuses for not celebrating, like that every day should be a day you show love to your loved ones, or that it's just a holiday created by Hallmark to sell more cards, but...is there really anything wrong with one day a year getting pink and red candies and cards for your family? I don't think so.





1 comment:

mrs.deane said...

Love, love, love, love, love...

I call our kids "the midgets" on a regular basis, so this midget Monday proclamation is awesome to me.

Coincidentally, why is the word proclamation not spelled "proclaImation"? With an I??? For some reason I never realized this until today. Sorry.